Thursday, January 30, 2020

Still I Rise

Today in class, we read another poem by Maya Angelou, which was called, “Still I Rise”. It was about a woman who dealt with a lot of problems but she still rise. This poem taught me that happiness is a decision, I believe that this is true because there are people who take problems a different way. Some people either hide their emotions and keep a smile on their face or they just be mad at the world. It’s very important to love yourself and others because it will give you the happiness that you want. When I was younger people would always talk about how I was ugly and big for my age and at some point I believed the words that were coming out of their mouths, I never had confidence in myself and would always talk myself down because that’s what other people did to me. But as I got older I realized that people are going to have their opinions about you and that’s what made me stronger and made me more confident in myself. This poem has made me a better person for myself and it has made me love myself even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment