Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Analyzing Emily Dickson Poem

Throughout "I Felt a Funeral in my Brain" I reflected that the speaker dealt with depression mentally. The speaker experiences the loss of self and that she didn't know how to react to the thoughts that she had, which made the speaker sense a lot of sadness in her mind. In class, we analyzed the poem, which helped me a lot because I didn't understand the poem at all. I'm still kind of struggling on how to analyze a poem because there are some words I'm still not familiar with. I'm also not familiar with some of the figurative language, which is another reason why I have a difficult time analyzing poems. I going to make myself practice more on analyzing poems and use all the techniques Mr. Rease taught us in class, so that i can get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment